Huron Valley Moms' Club Membership
- This is a "fillable" PDF form. It works best if you use Outlook for email.
- Please click on the link, fill out the form that opens on your screen.
- When done, use the "Submit" button at the bottom to email it to our Membership VP.
- Your Outlook email will open automatically. It will display an email with the Membership form as an attachment, which is addressed to our Membership VP. Click send.
- If you don't use Outlook, you may get a message asking which email program you use.
- If you are not able to email it using the "Submit" button, you have two options:
- You can print it and mail it (see address on Contact page).
- You can print it to a PDF (if you have a PDF print driver) and email it as an attachment to the Membersip VP at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can use any email program to do this.
- Download a free PDF writer (print driver) at CutePDF. After you've installed it, this program works just like another printer (From the menu, click on File, click on Print, then select CutePDF). Printing the form to a PDF will save the form with all of your information filled in.
Who Can Join?
The HVMC was created for stay-at-home moms, including moms
who work out of their homes and moms who work part-time, though moms who work
outside the home are also welcome to join. The Huron Valley Moms’ Club primarily
serves Milford, Commerce, Highland, and White Lake, Michigan. Most, if not all,
activities and events are hosted within the Huron Valley Community. There are no
geographical boundaries for membership. Prospective members should contact our
Membership VP to learn more about our Club and to receive a membership form and
Annual Dues: Our annual dues are $24.00. Our membership renewal month is
January. Dues are pro-rated for members whom join after January (deduct $2
each month). Annual dues cover operating expenses such as printing,
postage, P.O. Box, meeting room stipends, refreshments, crafts, and activities
at our member mixer meetings, and the establishment of our election reserve,
(mainly to cover ballot postage) as required by our by-laws. Membership begins
when dues are paid.
Volunteer Responsibility: In order to maintain active membership in the
HVMC, members are asked to participate in the COORDINATION of at least one
function each calendar year. Participating in at least one of the following each
calendar year fulfills your volunteer requirement:
Coordinate a special
event or member mixer. This includes recruiting
volunteers. For example, bringing a snack to a function would not qualify; the
coordination of all refreshments (assigning volunteers to bring various items)
Host an event in your home such as Mom’s Night Out, Crafter’s
Become a Board Member, Coordinator, or a member of the Nominating
Host Playgroup in your home 4 times a year—you may host more if
you wish, and this requirement is separate from any playgroup rules or
Create an event for HVMC members.
Take part in our buddy
system (aka Welcoming Committee).
What is the buddy system? The purpose of our buddy system is to make new Mom’s and their families feel welcome into the HVMC. A buddy’s job is to get acquainted with a new member, answer questions she may have regarding HVMC and be a ‘friendly face’ at our events so that our new members feel as comfortable as possible. It’s a great opportunity to get to know someone new in our club and introduce them to our awesome group.
Benefits of Membership: Member privileges include our monthly newsletter
with calendar of activities, rights to participate in club activities, a roster,
directions list, access to the HVMC Yahoo Group, and be added to our email
distribution list. Members also fulfill one volunteer requirement per calendar
Communication: The Huron Valley Moms’ Club uses email as its primary form
of communication—99% of our communication is done via the Internet. We publish a
monthly newsletter with accompanying calendar to keep you informed about Club
activities, news, and events. Each member is also invited to join the HVMC Yahoo
Group where members can access archived newsletters, view monthly calendars of
activities, get directions to local parks and more.
For More Information: Thank you for your interest in the Huron Valley
Moms’ Club. If you live in the Huron Valley area and would like more information
about our group, please contact our Membership VP.
Email her at email@example.com. We would love to have you as a member of our terrific organization!